Council Web Page
Back to Filleigh Parish Council Home Page
Minutes of the Meeting of Fillleigh Parish Council on the 030320 at Filleigh Village Hall
Present were Mr Hewitt, Mrs Norden, Mrs Roberts, Mr Toms, Miss Peat, Mr Jenkins (NDC) and Mr Yabsley (DCC).
Apologies Mr Cook
25 Short Open Meeting. Discussions included the lack of crash barrier the other side of Filleigh Garage where trees had been taken down. Chairman had already contacted Highways and the Clerk was to email Swimbridge Parish Council as it is in their Parish. Water in the road near Downpark. The Chairman to investigate. A large number of potholes.
26. Minutes of the last meeting were read and signed as correct.
27. Matters Arising. The lights at the Sawmills were now satisfactory.
28. Reports. Chairman (already covered).
Mrs Roberts (Village Hall rep).
Mr Jenkins (NDC)
29. Cheque. Mrs V Cook half year salary £300.00 plus expenses £35.26 (£20 for voucher for Internal Auditor included in expenses) = £335.26.
Proposed Miss Peat. Seconded Mrs Norden.
30. Mr Briant-Evans had sent a letter of resignation. The Clerk had informed North Devon Council and his place was to be advertised.
31. Next Meeting 5 May at 7.30pm (subject to Coronavirus regulations please phone 01598760324 for more details nearer the date.
Minutes of the Annual Meeting of Filleigh Parish Council held at Filleigh Village Hall on the 07/05/19
Present were: Mr Hewitt, Mrs Norden, Miss Peat and Mr Yabsley (DCC) also two members of the public.
Apologies: Mrs Roberts
At the short Open Meeting the Chairman gave his report. He also reported that he had attended the funeral of our N D Councillor Mr Walter White. Potholes were also discussed.
Annual Meeting. Election of Chairman Mr Hewitt. Proposed Mrs Norden, seconded Miss Peat.
Election of Vice Chairwoman Mrs Norden. Proposed Miss Peat, seconded Mr Hewitt.
Co-option of Parish Councillors, Mr Cook, Mr Toms and Mr Briant-Evans were unanimously voted on to the Parish council. The Clerk to contact Hannah Clarke and Marc Palmer to say they were unsuccessful this time but would like to keep their names on record for future vacancies.
The Clerk to send a card to John Rowe thanking him for his past service on the Parish Council.
Minutes of the last three meetings were read and signed as correct.
Mr Yabsley gave his report.
Cheques:- Community News £25.00 (grant) DALC (Sub) £57.64 Came and Company Insurance £218.00. Proposed Mrs Norden, seconded Miss Peat.
Audit. The Certificate of Exemption was read and it was resolved to exempt the Parish Council from a limited assurance review.
The Annual Governance statement was read and approved
Likewise the Accounting Statement.
11. Date of next meeting 17 September 2019 at 7.30pm.
Minutes of the
Planning Meeting of Filleigh Parish Council held at Filleigh Village Hall on
the 10 04 19
Present were: Mr Hewitt, Mrs Norden, Mrs Roberts, Mr Toms, Miss Peat. One member of the public.
Apologies: Mr Cook
37. Planning Application – 66343 Conversion of Former Smithy to B1 Office use with access works and associated parking provision for 2 Paynes Cottage at the Former Smithy.
No objections. We presume this application will not affect the school garden. Proposed Mrs Norden, seconded Mr Toms.
Minutes of the Planning
Meeting of Filleigh Parish Council held at Filleigh Village Hall on the 26 03 19
Present were: Mr Hewitt, Mrs Norden, Mrs Roberts, Mr Rowe and Mr Cook
Apologies: Mr Toms and Miss Peat
36. Planning 66349 application Land Adjacent to Filleigh Village Hall – erection of 15 residential dwellings (inclusive of four affordable dwellings).
An open meeting discussed the plans and at the following Parish Council meeting it was resolved to approve the application proposed Mr Cook, seconded Mr Rowe. All in favour.
With the following observations.
We are concerned at the traffic road safety in this area.
Perhaps a footpath from the housing to the school without having to go besides the main road.
There will be no light pollution i.e. no street lights etc.
Consideration is given to the septic tank drainage from the existing neighbouring properties.
Whilst approving this application the Parish Council would have preferred a brown field site such as the old farm buildings and area opposite Rectory Close rather than a greenfield site.
Also we would wish great
consideration to be given to the neighbouring properties.
Minutes of the Minutes of Filleigh Parish Council held at Filleigh Village Hall on the 12 03 19
Present were: Mr Hewitt, Mrs Norden, Mrs Roberts, Mr Rowe, Miss Peat, Mr White (NDC) and Mr Yabsley (DCC)
Apologies: Mr Toms and Mr Cook.
30. A short Open Meeting discussed roads and refuse collections. It was resolved the clerk email Mr McCormack to let him know various properties weren’t being collected.
31. The last two minutes were and signed as correct.
32. Reports Mr Hewitt (Chairman), Mrs Roberts (Village Hall), Mr Yabsley (DCC) Mr White (NDC).
33. It was resolved the Clerk contact the Planning Inspectorate regarding the appeal at 3 Albert Villas to check if our comments had been forwarded to them.
34. Cheques:- V Cook (half year salary plus annual expensed £300.00 plus £34.72 = £334.72
Filleigh Village Hall (annual rent paid in advance) £40.00
Proposed Mr Rowe, seconded Mrs Norden.
35. Correspondence: A letter had been received from NDC saying that the Parish Grant was not going to be cut 2019/2020 by 50%.
36. Date of next meeting 7 May 2019 at 7.30pm.
Minutes of the Minutes of Filleigh Parish Council held at Filleigh Village Hall on the 30 January 2019
Present were: Mr Hewitt, Mrs Norden, Mrs Roberts and Mr Toms.
Apologies: Miss Peat, Mr Rowe and Mr Cook.
29. Planning Applications a. 66007 Change of use of part of dwelling and garage for business use (storage of firearms and associated shooting accessories, repairs and sales) at Barton View Cottage, Filleigh. No objections.
b. 66067 Listed and 66065 Alterations and change of use from retail class A1 to business class B1 at the Old Sawmills, Filleigh. After much discussion the Parish council felt enable to approve this application as there was great concern regarding the parking. Firstly we do not know where it is and the application states there are 25 spaces while there is forty staff. As it is very unusual for car sharing where is the extra 15 spaces and where do visitors park? The site of the old village hall is used for walks on the estate and we believe a grant was obtained for putting down hardstanding on the site as it is a very muddy area but this has not been done yet. We definitely don’t want cars parking on the narrow road outside the Old Sawmills causing an obstruction. Secondly the Parish Council had concerns regarding exterior lighting. Would it be lit up like the Bray Leino building at the Rectory?