Council Web Page
Minutes of the
Planning Meeting of Filleigh Parish Council held at Filleigh Village Hall on
the 10 04 19
Present were: Mr Hewitt, Mrs Norden, Mrs Roberts, Mr Toms, Miss Peat. One member of the public.
Apologies: Mr Cook
37. Planning Application – 66343 Conversion of Former Smithy to B1 Office use with access works and associated parking provision for 2 Paynes Cottage at the Former Smithy.
No objections. We presume this application will not affect the school garden. Proposed Mrs Norden, seconded Mr Toms.
Minutes of the Planning
Meeting of Filleigh Parish Council held at Filleigh Village Hall on the 26 03 19
Present were: Mr Hewitt, Mrs Norden, Mrs Roberts, Mr Rowe and Mr Cook
Apologies: Mr Toms and Miss Peat
36. Planning 66349 application Land Adjacent to Filleigh Village Hall – erection of 15 residential dwellings (inclusive of four affordable dwellings).
An open meeting discussed the plans and at the following Parish Council meeting it was resolved to approve the application proposed Mr Cook, seconded Mr Rowe. All in favour.
With the following observations.
We are concerned at the traffic road safety in this area.
Perhaps a footpath from the housing to the school without having to go besides the main road.
There will be no light pollution i.e. no street lights etc.
Consideration is given to the septic tank drainage from the existing neighbouring properties.
Whilst approving this application the Parish Council would have preferred a brown field site such as the old farm buildings and area opposite Rectory Close rather than a greenfield site.
Also we would wish great
consideration to be given to the neighbouring properties.
Minutes of the Minutes of Filleigh Parish Council held at Filleigh Village Hall on the 12 03 19
Present were: Mr Hewitt, Mrs Norden, Mrs Roberts, Mr Rowe, Miss Peat, Mr White (NDC) and Mr Yabsley (DCC)
Apologies: Mr Toms and Mr Cook.
30. A short Open Meeting discussed roads and refuse collections. It was resolved the clerk email Mr McCormack to let him know various properties weren’t being collected.
31. The last two minutes were and signed as correct.
32. Reports Mr Hewitt (Chairman), Mrs Roberts (Village Hall), Mr Yabsley (DCC) Mr White (NDC).
33. It was resolved the Clerk contact the Planning Inspectorate regarding the appeal at 3 Albert Villas to check if our comments had been forwarded to them.
34. Cheques:- V Cook (half year salary plus annual expensed £300.00 plus £34.72 = £334.72
Filleigh Village Hall (annual rent paid in advance) £40.00
Proposed Mr Rowe, seconded Mrs Norden.
35. Correspondence: A letter had been received from NDC saying that the Parish Grant was not going to be cut 2019/2020 by 50%.
36. Date of next meeting 7 May 2019 at 7.30pm.
Minutes of the Minutes of Filleigh Parish Council held at Filleigh Village Hall on the 30 January 2019
Present were: Mr Hewitt, Mrs Norden, Mrs Roberts and Mr Toms.
Apologies: Miss Peat, Mr Rowe and Mr Cook.
29. Planning Applications a. 66007 Change of use of part of dwelling and garage for business use (storage of firearms and associated shooting accessories, repairs and sales) at Barton View Cottage, Filleigh. No objections.
b. 66067 Listed and 66065 Alterations and change of use from retail class A1 to business class B1 at the Old Sawmills, Filleigh. After much discussion the Parish council felt enable to approve this application as there was great concern regarding the parking. Firstly we do not know where it is and the application states there are 25 spaces while there is forty staff. As it is very unusual for car sharing where is the extra 15 spaces and where do visitors park? The site of the old village hall is used for walks on the estate and we believe a grant was obtained for putting down hardstanding on the site as it is a very muddy area but this has not been done yet. We definitely don’t want cars parking on the narrow road outside the Old Sawmills causing an obstruction. Secondly the Parish Council had concerns regarding exterior lighting. Would it be lit up like the Bray Leino building at the Rectory?