Council Web Page
MINUTES OF THE OPEN AND ANNUAL MEETING OF FILLEIGH PARISH COUNCIL HELD AT FILLEIGH VILLAGE HALL ON 22 MAY 2018 (Unadopted)
Present were Mr Hewitt, Mr Rowe, Mrs Roberts and Mrs Norden and seven parishioners. Mr White (NDC), Mr Yabsley (DCC). Apologies Mr Cook
1.) Open meeting. The Chairman gave his annual report. It was resolved to send Mr Smalley a thankyou card. Subjects discussed included potholes, hedge trimming, speed of traffic.
2) Annual Meeting. Minutes of the last meeting were read and signed as correct.
3) Election of Chairman. Mr Hewitt Proposed Mrs Roberts, seconded Mrs Norden.
4) Election of Vice Chair. Mrs Norden, proposed Mr Rowe, seconded Mrs Roberts.
5) Matters Arising. The Old Village Hall car park. The Chairman to contact the Estate.
6) Rectory Close. It was resolved to monitor the situation also to write to West Buckland PC to see if they wanted to lease on a radar speed sign purchase.
7) Reports: Mrs Roberts (Village Hall rep) Mr White (NDC ).
8) Cheques: Community News £25.00 DALC £56.41 Came and Co Ins £218.00 Proposed Mrs Norden. Seconded Mrs Roberts.
9) The Certificate of Exemption was read and it was resolved to exempt the Parish council from a limited assurance review under Section 9 of the Local Audit (Smaller Authorities) Regulations 2015.
10) The annual Governance statement was read and approved.
11) Likewise the Accounting Statement.
12) Planning Application. 64871 extension to dwelling at 3 Albert Villas. No objection if the garages are structurally sound and the application remains ancillary to the existing house and is not made into a separate swelling. Possibly obscure glazing where overlooking neighbours garden.
13) Following the resignations of Mr Smalley and Miss Turner it was resolved to co-opt Miss Peat and Mr Toms.
14) GDPR was discussed. What records we keep were discussed and old planning applications and correspondence that doesn’t constitute an agreement were to be disposed of accordingly. Good email habits were also discussed.
35) Date of next meeting 11 September 2018 at 7.30pm.